WHAT TO EXPECT AT OUR SPEAK LIFE CONFERENCE
Hey YOU ARE FAM <3 We are so excited for our 1st annual women’s conference! We know some of you are wondering what to expect and we are here to answer all your questions.
One thing before we go on, please make sure the day of the event to share with us your event photos on social media and use our hashtag for the event #SpeakLifeConference.
Now, this is what the day has in store.
PARKING & LOCATION
Our event location does include FREE parking! Parking garage is located off Bunker Hill Lane.
The Santa Clara Convention is located at 5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054
When you check in the day of the event, you will be greeted by one of our volunteers and will be required to get in a general line. All VIPs will have another line for direct access.
CHECK IN TIME PROCESS – PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR CHECK IN.
- GENERAL CHECK IN
- EARLY VIP – 11:00 AM
- GENERAL – 11:30 AM
- OUR CUT OFF TIME WILL BE AT 1PM. AFTER CUT OFF TIME REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL LATE CHECK IN TIMES.
- LATE CHECK-IN
- 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM – it will promptly close at 4:00 pm.
CHECK IN TABLES:
- General – Early bird, General, Student, Custom, and Group
- Kickstarters – Kickstarter Supporters and Invited guests
- KICKSTARTER ATTENDEES
- Kickstarter supporters and invited guests please make sure you check in at the Kickstarter table. All tickets will be listed under the main kickstarter support or guest name (if provided by Kickstarter supporter).
- KICKSTARTER ATTENDEES
- VIP – Early Bird VIP, Collective VIP, Sponsors, Speakers, Features, Feature VIP Guests, and Media
- VIP & Features/Speakers will be checked in by our Care Coordinator, wearing a yellow badge. You will be guided by our Care Coordinator to hang out in our green room until stage time. Specific call time will be sent in your email personally.
- Feature VIP Guests – Guests invited by our features/speakers, are only eligible for VIP entry of early access and seating.
- Early access begins at 11:30 am
- Early seating at 12:30 pm
- Feature guests will have a first come first serve goodie given during check in.
- Media – Please pick up your Media Badges at this table.
EVENT GOODIE BAGS
The first 300 guests will receive goodie bags in the beginning of check in. It will be based off “a first come first serve”. We encourage you to be on time if you want to receive these goodies.
- COLLECTIVE VIP – You will be given a custom swag bag of goodies and a reserved spot in our creative workshop you had selected beforehand will begin at 2:30 PM. Please head straight to your selected workshop after session #1.
- KICKSTARTER REWARDS – The main kickstarter supporters who backed our project will only receive their rewards by selected tiers. Any invited guests invited by kickstarter supporter, are not eligible for their rewards given.
Now, what to wear? Whatever your little heart desires. Please keep in mind you may want to wear comfortable clothes and footwear since it’s going to be a long day!
Don’t forget, we will have some amazing photo op areas for social media!
MAPS & SCHEDULE
Our programs will have our hand drawn map and schedules inside of it. The venue is easily accessible and we will also have larger printed information hung in our lobby area.
There are two bathrooms on 2nd floor we are on. One on the outside hall of Room 212, and the other on the outside hall of Room 202. Bathrooms will also be marked on the map in the back of your programs.
BREAK OUT SESSION
Our breakout session will include activities running simultaneously. This session is an open schedule to visit a wellness workshop, attend your booked creative workshop, mingle with others, explore the marketplace of vendors/creative installations or grab something to eat around the area.
Creative Marketplace during breakouts is when it will be open from 2:30 to 7:30 pm and will include different vendors of professional resources and creative business to shop. There are available ATMs at the hotel nearby, if you need to get out cash. The vendors should have a process of their own payment system.
You will also get a chance to visit our art installations, time to get photo op ready!
Creative Workshops are for advance purchased only. A colored wristband will designate that you booked a creative workshop within your ticket. There will be available time slot in the beginning of check at 11:00 am to 12:30 pm, if you want to purchase a workshop! Otherwise, they all start at 2:30 and will end at 4:30 pm the latest.
Please look at the schedule program for specific times.
To check in, you will need to meet at our creative tables in the “lobby” area of our venue and a host will direct you to your workshop room. We will provide mini refreshments to all our workshops that are longer than 1 hr.
Wellness Workshops are complementary to all guests attending, with a white wristband. It does not require advance registration. It is important to show up right on time for a guaranteed spot in these workshops, all hosts will start promptly on time and might have a capacity of seating.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Again, our breakouts will begin at 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Please review the program to designate a personal time you would like to grab a bite to eat.
No Outside food is permitted, please finish your food before returning inside the venue. Check out the Convention Center’s suggested places to eat at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara:
- Market – This grab ‘n’ go market provides quality options in a quick service setting. Located on the first floor adjacent to the lobby, Market serves both hot and cold options for all-day dining. Market is proud to offer our guests a robust variety of options including a full service Peet’s Coffee, breakfast burritos, cold pressed juices, quick fire pizzas, gelato, and lots more.
- Open 5:30 am to 11:00 pm
- Located inside Hyatt Hotel
- Evolution Bar and Restaurant Unwind after work at Evolution Café & Bar and experience the best Happy Hour in Santa Clara.
- Open 11:00 am to Midnight, daily
- Located inside Hyatt Hotel
- Truya Sushi – Fresh sushi, sashimi, maki and nigari. Japanese appetizers and udon soups. Sake served warm or cold. Contemporary, casual atmosphere. Open for lunch and dinner
- Dinner Monday – Saturday: 5:00–10:00 pm
- Located inside Hyatt Hotel
- Mini Refreshments: Vending Machines are located inside within our venue space, look for the specific location on our hand drawn map.
ATM machines are located on the 1st floor as well as inside the Hyatt Hotel Entrance.
Water fountains are located near the restrooms towards the outside Terrace. You are okay to bring in your water flask to refill. Also, you can purchase water and snacks in the vending machines near the entrance by the parking garage (near us!)
Loading zone: For large setup items you can unload at Dock 2 located on the ground level behind the Convention Center. As you enter the parking garage entrance, turn right. This is where the service elevators are located.
Set Up Start Time: 6:30 am
Set Up Done by: 10:30 am (no later)
Vendor Booth Time: 11:00 am – 7:30 pm
Note: You may anticipate low crowds between 1:00 – 2:15 pm and 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm due to our main room speakers and workshops.
Teardown Time: 7:30 pm
Instagram GIFS: Search by You Are Collective or Speak Life Conference
Hashtag : #speaklifeconference #youarecollective @youarecollectve
All ticket purchases are nonrefundable.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Please bring ID. We encourage you to bring a notebook, pen, and business cards (if you have a business) to connect with people and take notes during your workshop! Otherwise, social media is the new way to connect.
THERE’S AN ISSUE WITH MY GIFT BAG. WHO DO I REACH OUT TO?
Since most gift bag items are from other brands, you’ll receive the fastest response by contacting the brands directly with any issues or questions.
DO YOU HAVE A LOST AND FOUND?
Yes, we will have a designated Lost & Found area on-site. Please look for event staff with yellow badges.
IS THIS EVENT JUST FOR WOMEN?
Our main focus is for women and girls, but we won’t turn anyone away who wants to be part of an event that encourages creative mental health. Majority of the things will be cute!
CAN I SELL MY TICKET?
We unfortunately do not allow ticket transfers for the event.
Ticket transfers and invitations are ONLY applicable to our Kickstarter supporters.
There is complimentary WIFI, but it is not a strong signal once inside meeting rooms.
Time to get prepped for the weekend’s conference and stay tuned for updates by following along on our social at @youarecollectve and use the hashtag #speaklifeconference to be featured! Please share with us. We would love to see your photos from the event!
Additional Questions? Please email email@example.com
We will see you soon!